Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Ring

I just saw the most beautiful ring and I have a connection to the ring and to the beautiful girl who is wearing it. The diamond was given to me on my 25th wedding anniversary. I wore it to church, I wore it to parties, I wore it to weddings, I wore it to Michigan, I wore it to Pennsylvania, I wore it to Florida, as a matter of fact, I wore it a lot, but diamonds don't wear out, they just get more precious. Then you tuck it away and start wearing a pearl ring, and maybe even a sapphire. Then along comes this really nice young man and he tells me he'd like to give my gorgeous granddaughter a ring--a diamond ring. So I told him about my diamond that I had tucked away. There was a problem--my diamond was in a cocktail setting and he needed an engagement setting. Being a very smart, talented artistic young man--he designed a setting incorporating my center diamond in an engagement ring. On a bridge in Pennsylvania he asked her "the question". She said "Yes" When they called to tell me the news, I was so excited and then I asked this young man a question. I asked him, "What if she had said "No"? His answer was quick and decisive, "I would have stayed on my knees and cried until she said "Yes" More later.

NaNa8

No comments: